In my post yesterday I introduced #1to31, which is a simple concept that I have developed to help both myself and others with their blog writing. I have noticed in my discussions on #blogchat that sometimes people struggle to get their thoughts out into basic posts. On some days I have found this to be the case for myself as well. I often write from the place of personal experience and tell stories. These posts work well, however I would like to be able to increase the type and variety of posts that I write. That’s where #1to31 comes in. I would love you to be part of it as well!
How #1to31 works:
- #1to31 posts are simply collections of ideas, strategies, suggestions, tips, links or other interesting items. The date that they are posted on corresponds to the number of items included in the post. For example, today it is February 6, 2012. As such this post has 6 main points to it.
- When you share your post online, you include the #1to31 hashtag in the headline; so that similar style posts can be easily found online and via Twitter.
- That is pretty much it! You can write about whatever areas you are passionate about. The intention is simply to give you a quick framework that you can build a post from.
6 reasons why #1to31 will help you & your blog writing
- On any given day if you have an idea about what to write – but are unsure where to start; you can simply begin to put your thoughts down quickly and easily – knowing up front how many key points you need to make on that day. Having such a framework will help you to become clearer and more focused in your writing.
- You can save the more complex topics for the higher numbered dates. For example….maybe you have a lot of tips or strategies to offer on something. You can do those kinds of posts later in the month; say the 25th! That way you can include many more tips, ideas or links.
- The more of us who participate in #1to31, the more we can share our experiences related to writing posts using a format such as this. By talking and sharing, we can learn from one another.
- The sky is the limit. You can use #1to31 no matter what your blog is about. It is about giving you a fun and friendly way to build out your blog posts.
- Blogging is all about community. Those who use #1to31 can help one another out by posting comments, perhaps guest blogging on one another’s sites or sharing links to the posts that are developed via the various social networks. Remember, what goes around comes around! By helping fellow bloggers, you will grow your own site and online community at the same time.
- #1to31 posts can be written as often as you like. Perhaps you want to run a series for a whole month by writing daily posts. On the other hand, maybe you just use the #1to31 framework when you are finding it difficult to get your thoughts in order. You decide what works best for you!
That is it! I encourage you to jump in and write a #1to31 post this week! Once you have it posted, please leave a link to it in the comments section below. Let’s get going and have some fun with all of this!