Recently I had the absolute pleasure of talking with Tim McDonald about #NoKidHungry, finding purpose, building relationships and so much more. Tim is the Purveyor of Purpose at BTC revolutions and the previous Director of Community at the HuffPost. I have known Tim via Twitter for about a year now; though until this hangout we had never had a face to face discussion. What a delight it was!
On Ending Childhood Hunger in America – #NoKidHungry
I feel that our children, our youth, are not to blame for any problems that we have. They are the future. They are the opportunity that we have in front of us.
We live in a country of abundance. It is not the child’s fault that they do not have access to this food.
1 in 5 children in America are at risk of going hungry every day.
Highlights from my Conversation with Tim McDonald
In this conversation we cover a number of different areas:
- Tim’s journey – in work and life – and how everything has come together in a way that allows him to support #NoKidHungry on multiple levels.
- Purpose driven passion and the ripples it can create.
- Childhood hunger in America and why we need to find solutions to this problem.
- The power of stories and why they matter.
- How an idea can grow into movement.
- Building trust with people in the online space.
- Why you should care about the photos that people post online.
For further information on ending childhood hunger in America visit the No Kid Hungry website.