For the month of February, I have committed to practicing generosity on a daily basis as part of my participation in #12er.
Here are 7 things that you can do today to put generosity into practice:
- Do something totally unexpected and special for someone that is important to you. It doesn’t need to be a big thing. Make it simple….but memorable.
- Smile every time you greet someone today. You know…a big, open and happy smile.
- Write a note to someone to let them know you are thinking about them. Your Mom, your child, your friend or a co-worker.
- Run ahead and hold the door for any parent or grandparent that you see struggling with a stroller and young children or for an elderly person.
- If you ride transit, stand up and give your seat to someone else who really needs it. Don’t think about it…just do it.
- Reach out and connect with someone who is new to you. Ask them how you can help them.
- Listen to someone who needs to be heard.
This post is part of the #1to31 collection of posts. Here is how you can join in:
#1to31 posts are simply collections of ideas, strategies, suggestions, tips, links or other interesting items. The date that they are posted on corresponds to the number of items included in the post. When you share your post online, you include the #1to31 hashtag in the headline; so that similar style posts can be easily found online and via Twitter. That is pretty much it! You can write about whatever areas you are passionate about. The intention is simply to give you a quick framework that you can build a post from.