Early Learning & Care Educator/Child Care Consultant
Jane has been working in the Early Childhood Education field for over 25 years. She has been certified as an early childhood educator in 5 Canadian provinces and has been involved in all aspects of child care facility design, development, operations, and management. She has worked with and supported the development of all types of child care programs — from in-home based programs to large group programs. She also has been involved in the development of a number of award winning workplace child care projects as well as family-friendly workplace initiatives designed to support work-life balance issues for employees.
While Jane specializes in developing blended philosophy, authentic Montessori and Montessori-Inspired programming, she is also experienced working with programs to develop customized curriculum that aligns with the various early learning frameworks in Canada. She also has experience working with First Nation and Métis child care initiatives.
Jane has decades of experience advising on the design and management of inclusive early learning environments and inclusion practices. She is committed to supporting children with exceptional needs and as well as those who identify as neurodivergent. Jane strives to create ECE programs that reflect the uniqueness of each child while also providing a solid foundation for their future growth and development.
Through ECE Workshops and 45 Conversations, Jane is focused on delivering unique online professional development experiences and coaching services that are designed for the Canadian and global Early Childhood Education sector. She is committed to helping early childhood educators foster positive relationships with families and colleagues, build strong teams, and create quality programs that make a true difference in children’s lives.
Jane’s passion for early childhood education is evident in all that she does and she is an invaluable resource for any child care program.
Jane’s current areas of focus include:
- Supporting the development of grant applications for capital funding projects for new/expanding child care programs.
- Assessing community/organization need for child care services.
- Consultation related to child care centre feasibility, design, development, operations and programming.
- Delivering high quality online professional development experiences for the early childhood education sector.
- Coaching and mentoring early childhood educators, child care leaders, operators and owners plus a range of other early learning professionals.
- Speaking and training on a range of ECE and child care operations topics, including: program vision and philosophy, strength based approaches, mindfulness and flow in ECE and child care environments, blended philosophy programming, enhancing team work in early learning settings and inclusive practice. She is able to develop custom content.
- Child care program quality enhancement through strategic planning, system design and policy enhancements.
- SEO, content optimization and digital marketing for the early childhood education sector.
Geographic Areas Covered for Consulting Services
Jane virtually works on all types of child care consulting projects — across British Columbia, Canada. She will consider projects in other parts of Canada and/or other locations depending upon the type of support needed and the scope of work required. If you are located outside of BC, please contact Jane to discuss your project needs further.
Specialized Experience with Workplace Child Care Initiatives
Recognized as a Canadian leader in work-life & early learning issues, Jane has advised many of the “best” employers in Canada. She has been at the forefront of designing & implementing unique approaches to enhance & increase employee engagement & has led the development of award winning work-life solutions & strategies for more than 25 years. She was the primary work-life consultant involved in the design, development, implementation and first 5 years of operation of rbKids, the award winning workplace child care program at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers which is based Burnaby, BC. The program is considered to be a leader in work related child care solutions in Canada. In addition, she has consulted on multiple other workplace child care related projects in BC and Alberta.
Supporting the Development of Community Child Care Projects
From idea to development to operations – Jane has been involved in all aspects of child care facility design, development and management. Jane continues to actively working on consulting projects related to the design and development of new child care facilities in multiple communities that are expected to open over the next few years. She has experience working with a range of key stakeholders. She has advised countless committees, task forces and organizations over the last three decades.
Examples of this include:
- Authored the 2015 child care needs assessment for the the East Kootenay region in British Columbia
- Development of draft child care design guidelines for a BC city.
- Advisory work with many child care task forces.
- Consultation on several indigenous child care initiatives and projects.
- Consultation on the design, development and operations of many different child care projects and initiatives in BC, Alberta and Prince Edward Island.
Discuss Your Project with Jane
Please contact Jane to discuss the needs of your project and learn more about how she may be able to assist you with your next steps.
Through ECE Workshops, Jane is also focused on delivering online professional development to educators using a combination of automated email marketing and web based LMS solutions. This service provides high quality professional development opportunities to educators across BC as well as from other areas in Canada and Internationally.
Jane’s client list has included VanCity, HSBC, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers, Envision Financial, PWC, Electronic Arts Canada, BC Housing, City of Richmond, the Province of BC and countless other organizations. Through her work, Jane has been directly involved in securing many millions of dollars in funding for projects relating to business collaboration, work-life balance, employee wellbeing, education, community development and child care.
To learn more about Jane Boyd visit her Speaking Bio.
To view her LinkedIn profile visit here.
Disclosures & Relationships from Jane Boyd
- I’m the CEO of 45 Conversations Media & Education Ltd.
- I design and host online professional development workshops for educators and parents through ECE Workshops.
- I design and host professional development retreats for early childhood educators through ECE Retreats.
- I work in collaboration with Wintergreen Learning Materials.
- I work with many different organizations, projects and initiatives. Visit my Linkedin profile to learn more.
- I build relationships and my business with generosity and intention as my guide. Generosity is my highest value, in business and in life.
- I’m the main Consultant who designed, developed, launched and managed the initial 5 years of the operations of the Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Child Care Program. I still work with them on sometimes related to professional development and staff training.
- I am actively developing product partnerships with ECE and child care suppliers.
- I have been the Co-Host of the Business Jazz Podcast and the Co-Host of #LurkerChat.
- I’m a member of the #misfitcon community as well as multiple other online business development communities.
- I collaborate with a number of colleagues around the world on various initiatives and projects.
- I’m beta testing a range of features for List.ly and provide frequent feedback.
- I have worked in collaboration with Nick Kellet on a number of initiatives.
- I work in collaboration with The Sonnet Man — Devon Glover.
- I have conducted Conversations On Air for SocialHRCamp, SOBCon and Social Media Camp.
- I provide a range of services to the corporate, government & community sectors. Where necessary, I disclose information related to potential conflict of interest situations.
- I speak at and participate in a variety of online and face to face events. Often in exchange for my participation/speaking, my travel and/or registration fees are waived/reimbursed.
- I make contributions to people and projects I believe in through GoFundMe, Kickstarter and Patreon.
- Sometimes I’m sent product samples and/or books to review. I only promote products and/or services that I feel benefit members of the 45 Conversations Community.
- I worked in partnership with Liz Strauss on several initiatives:
- GeniusShared – a personal and business development network for entrepreneurs.
- Anything You Put Your Mind To – I was the Story Editor.
- I collaborate with Eric T. Strauss on a number of initiatives.
- I worked with John M. Sweeney and Gigi Peterkin to Co-Host GenKind24 a 28 hour global event that was held on Blab. The event focused on generosity and kindness in business, community and education
- I had a child enrolled in Self Design and have been connected to multiple Montessori Schools in varying leadership and consulting roles.
- I actively advocate for the unique learning needs of children and adults with exceptionalities, neurodivergence and mental health conditions.