Let’s Have a Conversation!
Throughout the 2014 and 2015, 45 Conversations is holding a series of Google + On Air Hangouts to talk all things early childhood education, early learning and child care. The conversations will be hosted by me – Jane Boyd – and will include one or two people at a time. Each conversation will be approximately 15 to 20 minutes in length.
What Will We Talk About?
I’m interested in talking with you about all aspects of early childhood education and child care. Here are some ideas to get you thinking about what a conversation could touch on:
- Why investing in early childhood education matters.
- Challenges and opportunities in child care.
- Work-life balance issues for working parents.
- Training and professional development for early childhood educators.
- Upcoming early childhood education and child care conferences.
- Workplace child care programs
- School age child care issues
- Infant-toddler programs and services
- Stories of how child care programs came to be in communities.
- Stories about child care programs that are having to close due to various challenges.
- Using technology in programs – yes? no?
- Health issues
- Supporting children with unique needs
- Various types of philosophies – Montessori, Reggio, Traditional ECE etc
- Examples of practices in other countries – international conversations
- Program design and development
- Environments for children – indoor – outdoor
- Local collaborations, committees that are working to address the issues.
- Ways that the use of social media and blogging can support the issues related to child care and early childhood education.
Who Can Be in a Conversation?
I’m interested in talking with a wide range of individuals (from multiple countries) about the issues related to early childhood education, early learning and child care. This includes:
- Early Childhood Educators
- Child Care Centre Directors/Owners/Operators
- Community Based NGO’s
- Professionals connected to the field
- Artists of all Types
- Architects& Developers involved in developing child care programs
- Employers who are facing child care issues.
- Employers who support their employees with child care issues.
- Municipal & City Officials
- Bloggers who are interested in early childhood education issues.
- And? Truly….I’m open to all possibilities. Simply complete the Guest Profile form in step 1 to tell me more about who you are and why these issues matter to you.
If you live or work in the East Kootenay area of British Columbia, please book your Conversation through the East Kootenay Conversations on Child Care page.
What Happens During the Conversation and After?
Our conversation will be live streamed via my YouTube channel. (Don’t worry – it’s not scary!) After the conversation is completed, I will be writing a blog post about our discussion and will feature the video recording here on the 45 Conversations website. The blog post and video will also be shared via a number of different social media sites. I’m hoping to host a large number of conversations this summer. It will be exciting to hear all of the different stories and discuss various experiences related to early childhood education, early learning and child care.
Steps to Book A Conversation
1. Tell Me About Yourself
Please complete a Guest Profile form about yourself. This will provide me with general information about who you are, where you live and why early childhood education and child care matters to you.
2. Request a Time
Using the scheduling service below, select the “45 Conversations Child Care Hangouts” booking section and follow the instructions as indicated. Once I receive your request, I will review your Guest Profile information and will either approve the date/time requested or be in touch for further information etc.
What’s a 45 Conversations Hangout Like?
In the summer of 2012, I did a run of a large number of conversations that were streamed live. This video provides a quick overview of those conversations. It will give you an idea about what it’s like to be part of a live hangout.