Note: This page is being updated with new information on a regular basis. If you have suggestions for additional resource links please leave a comment at the bottom of the page. Please share this page among your networks.
To support child care programs, early learning programs, early childhood educators and child care operators during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak we have put together a comprehensive listing of resource links from multiple sources around the world.
- World Health Organization – Q&A page and Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak
- United Nations – Coronavirus global health emergency: Coverage from UN News
- Johns Hopkins University – Global Interactive Map
Government & Medical Information Websites & Guides
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert webpage
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) information for schools and early childhood centres, students and parents webpage
- Government of Canada – Coronavirus Disease page + Public health guidance for schools (k-12 and childcare programs (COVID-19)
- British Columbia – The BC Centre for Disease Control has information available on the COVID-19 Page. It also has a page specific to prevention and control in childcare and schools that is full of resources. BC public health guidance for schools and childcare programs.
- Alberta – COVID-19 coronavirus info for Albertans website. Document: Alberta Guidance for Schools and Child Care Programs: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Saskatchewan – Information specific to Saskatchewan can be found here. There is also a range of information available for care providers, schools and workplaces.
- Manitoba – Coronavirus information for Manitoba.
- Ontario – The 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage for Ontario
- Quebec – Coronavirus webpage for Quebec. Information for education and childcare services networks. Additional information can also be found here. (French only, but many web browsers will translate)
- Nova Scotia – Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage
- New Brunswick – Coronavirus webpage for New Brunswick. Information for public schools, early learning facilities and school district offices
- Prince Edward Island – COVID-19 information webpage. COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus Guideline
- Newfoundland & Labrador – COVID-19 Information page
- Yukon Territory – Information about Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) for Yukoners. Frequently asked questions about coronavirus
- Northwest Territories – Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) webpage. Information for Schools, Day Home and Day Care Operators
- Nunavut – COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) information page
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) latest updates
We are continuing to update the information listed below by State.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – Interim Guidance for Administrators of US K-12 Schools and Childcare Programs
- Alabama – Disaster and Emergency Resources for child care facilities
- Alaska – COVID-19: Situation overview and Alaska Department of Education & Early Development coronavirus webpage
- Arizona – Arizona Department of Health Services – Schools (Childcare & K-12 and Universities) webpage. + Arizona COVID-19 Response Fact Sheet for Schools and Child Care
- Arkansas – Arkansas Department of Health – COVID-19 webpage
- California – California Department of PublicHealth – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) – webpage + Listing of Guidance Documents that includes information for Child Care.
- Colorado – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Colorado Connecticut + Novel Coronavirus – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Planning for Schools and Child Care Closure
- Delaware – Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) information page + Resources for Childcare, Schools, and Universities
- Florida – 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) website + Interim Guidance for Administrators of Childcare Programs and K-12 Schools to Plan, Prepare and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Georgia – Georgia Department of Public Health – COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)
- Hawaii – Disease Outbreak Control Division – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Idaho – Official Resources for the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) + Resources for Schools (including child care)
- Illinois – Illinois Department of Public Health Coronavirus page + Schools and Child Care Guidance
- Indiana – 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage + COVID-19 Guidance for Childcare Programs
- Iowa – Iowa Department of Public Health Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) website + Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Business & Organizations (Look for COVID-19 Webinar for Childcare Homes and Centers and Guidance for Childcare Centers and Homes)
- Kansas – COVID-19 Resource Center + Interim Guidance for Child Care Facilities Licensed by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE)
- Kentucky – Department for Public Health – COVID-19 webpage + COVID-19 Guidance by Topic (Includes information for childcare programs)
- Louisiana – Department of Health – Coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage + Information for Business
- Maine – Division of Disease Surveillance – Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) webpage
- Maryland – Department of Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Outbreak + Governor Hogan Enacts Emergency Order to Expand Access to Child Care During COVID-19 State of Emergency + Emergency Order
- Massachusetts – Information on the Outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Information for early education and childcare providers.
- Michigan – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) webpage + For Childcare and School Administrators
- Minnesota – Department of Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) webpage + Information For Schools and Child Care on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Mississippi – State Department of Health – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Missouri – COVID-19 Outbreak page + Communities, Schools, Businesses page
- Montana – MONTANA RESPONSE: COVID 19 – Corona Virus – Global, National, and State Information Resources
- Nebraska – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) webpage + Childcares and K-12 Schools
- Nevada – Division of Public and Behavioral Health webpage
- New Hampshire – New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services – COVID-19 page
- New Jersey – Department of Health – COVID-2019 (Novel Coronavirus, Wuhan, China) page + Information for Schools and Businesses (See Guidance for Child Care and k-12 Schools)
- New Mexico – 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) webpage
- New York – Information on Novel Coronavirus – New York State is Ready – webpage (Look for the section “Child Care Providers and Schools)
- North Carolina – Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Response in North Carolina webpage + COVID-19: Colleges, Universities, Schools and Childcare Facilities
- North Dakota – Coronavirus webpage + Resources for Childcares, Schools and Universities
- Ohio – Department of Health COVID-19 webpage + Guidelines for Education and Childcare
- Oklahoma – Oklahoma Response to Coronavirus Disease 2019 + COVID-19 Resources
- Oregon – Emerging Respiratory Infections: COVID-19 webpage (Look under the section Early Child Care, Schools and Higher Education.)
- Rhode Island
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
Helpful News Sites & Searches
- The New York Times – Corona Virus Update Page (United States)
- The Globe and Mail – Coronavirus guide: The latest news on COVID-19 and the toll it’s taking around the world (Canada)
- The Guardian – Coronavirus Live (United Kingdom)
- The Independent – Coronavirus (Ireland)
- Google Search for news “Coronavirus child care“
PDF Guides and Documents for Child Care Related to the Coronavirus
There are a range of different documents that are being released and published around the world right now. We have put together searches for multiple locations. These searches are designed to pull up PDF documents that have been published within the last month and that are related to the Coronavirus and child care. Remember — ALWAYS check the sources of the information. It is best to rely upon recognized government agencies and child care licensing/regulation agencies that are specific to your area.
- Australia – See search results here.
- Canada – See search results here.
- Ireland – See search results here.
- United States – See search results here.
Hand Washing Visuals and Songs – Help to Prevent the Coronavirus
You can find visuals suitable for use in child care related to handwashing here. We also shared a post that includes different songs that you can use with children for hand washing here.
Helpful Posts and Other Information
- PACEY – Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (UK) – Coronavirus page
- Unicef – How teachers can talk to children about coronavirus disease (COVID-19)
- CDC – Talking with children about Coronavirus Disease 2019: Messages for parents, school staff, and others working with children
- PBS – How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus
Information on Child Care Policies Related to the Coronavirus