About Our Training, Online ECE Workshops & ECE Retreats
We offer a range of professional development and training opportunities through 45 Conversations. These include:
- Training & Mentoring Sessions
- ECE Workshops
- ECE Retreats
All of our learning and professional development experiences are created with Early Childhood Education (ECE) renewal requirements in mind.
About Our Professional Development Certificates
Upon successful completion of a training, professional development, mentoring experience, online ECE Workshop or ECE Retreat through 45 Conversations, we will provide you with a PDF certificate via email that you can use toward your professional development hours. The certificate will contain a unique verification number that is linked directly to your learning experience with us. We log all of your work and interaction/attendance in our online learning management system and our customer relationship management software programs.
Our Professional Development Certificates include:
- Your Name
- Name of the Professional Development Experience
- Professional Development Description
- Total Hours Completed
- Dates of Completion
- Unique Certificate Verification Number
- Sign off by Jane Boyd, Canadian ECE who has been certified in 5 Canadian provinces
- Contact Information for Verification Purposes
Information for Canadian Students
We have based much of our professional development experiences on the BC ECE Registry renewal requirements. We believe that it’s likely our learning experiences will be acceptable for your professional development hours in other parts of Canada as well. We have Early Childhood Educators from across Canada complete our workshops on a regular basis.
BC ECE Registry renewal requirements state that Early Childhood Educators are required to complete 40 hours of professional development over the course of their certification term. Remember — you should keep track of your certificate expiry date so that you have enough time to finish the necessary professional development courses or programs. And you should choose courses or workshops that are relevant to working in the early childhood field – choose topics like:
- Child growth and development
- Child guidance
- Advocacy for children, families and the field
- History of early childhood education
- Self-care as related to supporting effective practice
- Development of program policies
- Addressing human resource issues
- Managing child care programs
- Maintaining children’s health, safety and nutrition
- Interpersonal communication
- Special needs
- Infant & toddler
All of the training, professional development experiences, training/mentoring experiences, ECE Workshops and ECE Retreats that we offer have a direct connection to one or more of the topics listed above. We also consider a range of Early Learning Frameworks when we develop our training, professional development and workshop experiences.
Information for International Students
Outside of Canada, our workshops may be acceptable for your professional development ; though you may need to do research to confirm if this is the case. We have Early Childhood Educators from many different parts of the world who participate in our professional development experiences.
We work hard to ensure our training, professional development, ECE Workshops and ECE Retreat experiences are high quality and we believe (but cannot guarantee) they should be acceptable in BC and many other areas in Canada as well as in other parts of the world. We know our learning experiences provide our students with an excellent, unique, high quality learning experience and we have a large number of references to confirm this. Should you have an issue with one of our professional development certificates, please contact us. We may be able to provide you with further documentation so you can better demonstrate your learnings to the child care registry or certification office you are working with.
In the event that our professional development certificate is not acceptable or approved related to your certification or license renewal for some unexpected reason, due to a regulation or policy revision we will not be able to provide you with a refund for the training, professional development workshop(s) or ECE Retreats you have completed or participated in with us.
Our Refund Policy
Please be advised that all training, professional development, learning experiences and ECE Workshops are NON REFUNDABLE or are NOT TRANSFERABLE.
Please be advised that all ECE Retreats are NON REFUNDABLE. In certain cases, we may agree for you to transfer your registration.
We constantly receive positive feedback about our professional development workshops — online and face to face — so your satisfaction is important to us. Should you have questions or concerns about a workshop you have purchased please contact us to discuss your situation.
Do You Have Further Questions?
If you have further questions about our professional development certificates please leave a comment on this page (see comment area at the end of the page.) Please note, your comment will not be published on this page but it will be forwarded to our office.
Examples of References from Past ECE Workshop Attendees
- “It was a very informative workshop!”
- “What a great workshop! I came into this workshop knowing next to nothing about authentic Montessori education or how to implement a Montessori-inspired program into my current program. I am certainly still no expert, but I am a lot more comfortable with the idea of making changing to my classroom and inspired to learn more. This workshop is worth it!”
- “Excellent workshop, very relevant information with a variety of engaging use of media throughout and many practical takeaways that I can immediately apply to my practice. Thank you!”
- “Very well presented workshop in a clear way. Bringing in parts and ideas from other theories is a great tool to enhance the child’s day.”
- “I like this workshop and found it had a ton of useful information. It had enough pictures and videos to keep it interesting. I also like the idea that I could work on it whenever I had time. It wasn’t that every Thursday morning at 9:30 I would have to sign in and do a certain amount of work. I could just work on it here and there.”
- “This workshop was very informative and well laid out to better understand Montessori inspired approach and give you the confidence to implement what you learned.”
- “This was an inspiring course that was enjoyable to do. I feel it has a lot to offer in supporting programs with quality care for our children.”
- “Well structured and self-paced, lots of supporting video examples – liked it very much. Thank you.”
- “It was a great learning experience.”
- “I enjoyed learning about this inspired approach as it gave easy ideas of how to incorporate this into any centre.”
- “Being able to take profession development courses on-line can be a lifesaver when there are not enough courses available in your community to allow you to obtain your 40 hours in a timely manner.”
- “I love Jane’s workshop, it’s useful and informative, and I really enjoy the video interaction from Jane. I recommend workshops from Jane to ECE educators!”
- “Another great workshop experience from Jane providing a professional and educational experience.”
- “Wonderful. Full of info. Can’t wait to take another.”
- “I learned a lot at my own phase, so I didn’t have to rush through it.”
- “It can open up the minds of Educators who are schooled in different countries currently practicing in BC.”
Leave a Reply